Blog Archive

Friday, May 7, 2010

What an overwhelming day...

And not because Emma was a handful. She was angel today. Well, she didn't feel like an angel from about 4 am to 5:30 am this morning, but she has been GREAT. We're working on her schedule - basically, the Babywise theory. For the most part all day, she has slept, eaten, and been awake on a 3-hour cycle. During her wake time, she has just been loving life. My mom has spent the night the last 2 nights to help with the nighttime feedings since Russell has had to work. To top it off, she's stayed all day to help me! She kept Emma today while I got to go to the gym - yay! Now we'll just see how Emma does tonight, and Russell's not getting out of nighttime duty this time!

So the whole reason that today was an overwhelming day is that Mother's Day is coming up. Obviously, I knew it would be my first Mother's Day, and that has been really meaningful to me. But yesterday I got my first Mother's Day card in the mail. Aw, how nice, I thought. Then today I was completely inundated with cards and gifts in the mail! I started getting all weepy and emotional because so many OTHER people think it's a big deal that it's my first Mother's Day. God is so surprising - He really knows how to love on us in the most meaningful and surprising ways. Most surprising of all are the gifts and note from sweet Betty; she was a high school classmate of mine, and we have connected once again through Facebook - the great uniter! Her sister was in a terrible car accident the day before Emma was born, and her spinal cord was severed around the breastbone level. Betty has also started a blog (it's in the "Blogs I Follow" section of my blog) about her sister's journey. Betty has been so sweet and supportive through everything we've gone through with Emma - what a blessing she has been to me. If you want to see someone with unfailing faith and hope in our Lord, read her blog. It will bless you, I promise.

Well, time for one last feeding and then we'll hope to sleep for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment