Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bay-cation Bible School

This was Emma's first year of big girl VBS (as opposed to staying in the baby room).  I was so proud of my little one.  Even though I taught one of the five classes that she visited for 15 minutes each night, she was never upset to leave me.  So wait....should I be proud of her independence or is this an indicator that she doesn't love me as much as I would hope?  Pride.  That's what I'm going with.

Emma really came out of her shell a lot this week at VBS.  Russell saw her here and there and said that she would roll up to a lot of people for a hug (that's how you know you're REALLY special) and/or hold out her hand for high fives.  Emma had an amazing crew leader named Amie who took really good care of her, and I am eternally grateful to Amie specifically for making Emma's first and potentially scary VBS anything but scary and everything wonderful.








2 comments:

  1. She is wonderful! I love her smile! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you should be proud of her indepence. You have helped her become secure enough to know that she doesn't need to be with you all the time.

    It's great to see how much she has progressed.

    ReplyDelete