Tuesday, March 15, 2011

iPhone blog

I HATE typing on my iPhone (I miss you, Blackberry), so this will be short. We are at the hospital for Emma's 2nd sleep study. Tonight they'll figure out what type of mask and pressure, etc that Emma needs to help her breathe. Sounds easy enough. Except that our independent woman doesn't want to breathe on the machine's rhythm; she is breathing through her mouth at her own pace and her own depth of breath. Completely defeats the purpose of this sleep study. The technician just took the mask off of her and is just using canulas to see if that will work. I may throw myself out the window if it doesn't. We cannot endure another night such as this. Would it kill them to throw some of that happy dentist gas in a mask for the parents? I doubt it. Parents should be supplied with that stuff at a minimum, as they listen to their children scream because they can't get a good breath. If things don't work out this go-round, Emma may have to get a chin strap to keep her mouth shut when she sleeps. Sigh. Please, God, I'm begging you: pour out your grace on Emma. Literally, blow your healing breath into her.

No comments:

Post a Comment