Tuesday, October 30, 2012

From one giraffe to another

So Emma has this cute little Halloween outfit that has black and orange giraffe print pants.  I've been making sure that she wears the heck out of it because I refuse to waste money on a Halloween outfit that she will only wear a couple times.

That led to a somewhat tacky moment of motherhood.

The world has been watching Autumn, the pregnant Masai giraffe at the Greenville Zoo, for some time now.  When she finally gave birth to Kiko, her baby boy, everybody wanted to go see him.  Including me and my mom.  So off we went.  I met Mom, Dad, and Emma at the zoo and got to see sweet Kiko about 20 minutes before they put him up for the evening.

Guess what Emma was wearing?  Her giraffe print pants.  How embarrassing.  I took my child to see a new baby giraffe wearing giraffe print.  That's like buying an I (heart) NYC t-shirt when you show up at the airport in LaGuardia, put it on in the airport bathroom, and wear it around the city for a week.  Oh, well.  Maybe everyone was so focused on Kiko that they didn't notice our mini-Kiko in her stroller.






No comments:

Post a Comment