Tuesday, April 26, 2011

John Deere

Our nephew, Mason, loves tractors.  My brother- and sister-in-law are not tractor people.  But like any healthy, hearty boy, Mason loves tractors of all kinds.  So on our last night at the beach, we made a deal with him: Russell told him he had a surprise for him if he behaved at dinner.  What was that surprise?  A visit to a place called Farm Toy Country.  When Mason saw it from 15 feet away, he took off running.  It was absolutely precious.  I tried to get pictures of him inside the store, but most of them were blurry because he was running circles and figure 8's....it kind of reminded me of those Family Circus cartoons where the kids' chaotic moves are tracked with the dotted lines.  My favorite was when I tried to take a picture of Mason and Uncle Russell, but Mason would say, "Cheese!", glance at the camera for ONE second (and only one), and then look around because he was so amazed by the store.




No comments:

Post a Comment