Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

Emma had a fantastic first Easter.  I call it her first Easter because she spent last Easter laid up in the hospital on her tummy...that's no way to spend Easter.  We took her to the church nursery for the first time now that cold and flu season is primarily behind us.  She was fine (happy, actually) when I left her at 9:45.  When I checked on her at 10:45...not so fine.  Screaming her head off, actually, and I was the only one who could console her.  And I don't even know if you could call it consoled...snubbing instead of screaming, really.  So then I left her again and went to our 11:00 service because her only problem was sleepiness.  So now the rest of the world (and by the rest of the world, I mean the nursery workers at church) know what a strong-willed little fighter we have.  She fought sleep like a champ, and when I got her at 12:00, she was laid out across our friend Joe's chest.  Joe had apparently been threatened within an inch of his life not to move and wake her.  Sorry, Joe.  Here begins Emma's training with staying in the nursery...

After church we ate lunch at my parents' house, and we got some amazing Easter pictures of Emma.  There are a lot of them, so bear with me.




















And on this day last year: April 26, 2010

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures with your mom - so precious! And how do you keep the bow in her hair? Elizabeth refuses. So it just hangs in her eyes. And I want a copy of the one of her sleeping on her blankie on the grass for my fridge! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the Easter pictures and am so glad y'all brought her to church!!!

    ReplyDelete