Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Well look who's back

As I've reported lately, Emma has been a little terror at therapy. Her therapists have actually said, "Where's the Emma we know and love?"  It has nothing to do with who is with her (or not with her, for that matter); she just doesn't want to be there to work. So Melanie, one of her PT's, and KP, her OT, have come up with a plan. Mondays and Wednesdays Emma will be coming to therapy with Nan, and Nan will actually be doing the therapy with occasional guidance from the PT's and KP. Friday will be normal therapy. So today Emma and her entourage (Nan, Mama Jan, and Aunt Eva) had some extra time, and they dropped by The Care Center to hang out for a bit. Lo and behold, Emma flipped out when they walked in. But a few minutes later, with my mom holding Emma, what I’m sure was an eerie silence came over Emma. I know the folks at The Care Center were puzzled to see a quiet, peaceful Emma. She began to play with some of the toys and even smiled at KP and Melanie. They didn’t come work with her, just came over to chat – and Emma was JUST. FINE. So maybe this is going to take a while, but at least now we know it’s possible for Emma to be in the building and not flip out.


In other PT news, Emma is getting fitted for her stander in a couple weeks. It takes quite a while (3 months I think) for them to come in because I guess they’re custom made.

Tooth number 3 is all the way through!! Yay! I’ve got to wrap this up now because Emma is in my lap trying to get to the computer because (1) our power just went out, (2) she got freaked out by the dark, (3) she’s tired, and (4) the keyboard was much too enticing from her view in the high chair. I’m trying to type with a wild monkey in my lap. Blogging is officially over.

No comments:

Post a Comment