Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow for Emma!

So Emma's first Christmas was a white one, and now she's getting even more snow!  They say it's going to be a big one, and we'll be sure to get pictures of Emma in it!  Don't worry, we won't keep her out there that long - we certainly don't want a sick baby again.  Emma has fully recovered from her recent cold, and she's back to her old self again.  For some reason, she stopped drooling all the time when she was suffering from the cold, but the waterfall is back now.  She's still only got 2 teeth, and there don't seem to be any more in our near future, despite the drooling.

Emma hasn't had any more of those scary episodes like I blogged about last time, but it did make me think a lot this week...and gave me a few more reasons to be afraid about our future with her.  But I'm trying really hard not to dwell on all the what-if's - I could lose sleep for years thinking about all those what-if's.  I truly am on an emotional roller coaster, and I'm currently on the way back up to the almost perfect days of optimism and enjoying each day on its own without worrying about the future.

On a lighter note, we went out to eat with Russell's family Saturday night, and Emma was a complete angel.  She loves to be in public places, and she really enjoys sitting in a high chair.  Her sweet 3-year-old cousin, Mason, wanted to sit next to her in both restaurants we went to (long story).  I know I've said it before, but I can't say it enough - he is such a sweet little boy with Emma.  He loves to watch her and kiss her cheek and pat her head.  He was helpful whenever she dropped the block she was playing with, too.  Emma is just so blessed to have such a precious cousin.  Russell's grandfather also came to dinner with us, and he loved on Emma, too.  She flashed him some adorable little two-toothed smiles, which I know warmed his heart a little.  I hope that he enjoyed being with all of us, but especially with his great-grandchildren - he's had a rough time since losing Grandma before Christmas.

Emma is now saying all kinds of syllables, and it seems like she picks up a new babble every day.  Today she decided to start popping her lips - putting them together and then smacking them apart.  In addition to that, she's saying ma, da, ta, dee, hey, ha, kay, and all combinations of those individual noises.  It cracks us up when it sounds like she's saying, "Hey Da!" to Russell.  Sometimes she's quiet, sometimes she's loud...but they're all the cutest sounds I've ever heard.  She can't identify me or Russell as Mama or Dada, but we all know that she will call Russell Dada first.  She's a daddy's girl more than ever.  One of these days Russell will learn that he can't come in the room after work or after being gone for a while without picking her up.  If he doesn't love on her right then, Emma's cries are simply heartbreaking.

Well I'm off to bed now and excited to wake up to beautiful snow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment