Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy birthday to me!

As many of you know, I had the day off on my birthday, due to a humongous snowstorm that we had here in South Carolina.  A free day off with my hubby, puppy, and precious baby - now that's what a birthday's supposed to be.  We started to get a little stir-crazy last night, and there weren't many places open for dinner, except for Old Faithful: Happy China on Verdae.  They're always open in bad weather.  Even though it's not far from our house, it wasn't easy.  Parts of the road were pretty icy, but we made it ok.  Before we got Emma totally bundled up, she looked confused as to why she wearing this huge bulky sweater and mittens.
 

And even more confused as to why it was so daggone cold outside and why she couldn't move her appendages...
 

When we got there, this is what the restaurant looked like:


Until I arrived with the children:




Goofballs, both of them.

When we left Happy China, there were 5 other parties seated, and quite a few to-go orders had been processed.  I'm glad that their hard work in the bad weather paid off - they're such nice people.  Oh by the way, for those of you know who he is, I once saw George Stathakis eating there - if that's where he eats Chinese, you know it's good.  Best egg rolls in town.

So anyway, I had the most tremendously blessed birthday.  I am so happy to have 4 days off (so far) this week because of the snow and ice - I got to spend two of them with Russell and all of them with Emma.  I keep thinking back to my birthday last year when I was pregnant and worried about Emma.  I still worry about her, but if I'm going to worry on my birthday, at least God blessed with me a precious angel to laugh at, love, squeeze, and kiss this year.  What a year it's been.  So now on to the next decade...my thirties.  The last time I celebrated a decade birthday I was in college...it's incredible to think of all the things that happened in my twenties.  A LOT.  It makes me realize that I have a lot of life left to live.  God has blessed me and taught me more than I could have ever imagined.  So where will I be ten years from NOW??

Well, enough pondering and deep thought.  Russell was very upset to go back to work and leave Emma today after spending Saturday through Tuesday with her.  When he came home from work, she was napping.  She woke up crying a little, and we usually let her cry for a few minutes to see if she'll go back to sleep.  Not tonight.  Russell was certain she was up for good and promptly got the hug he'd been missing all day.

I officially said goodbye to Christmas (tissue, please) by making the gingerbread man that was gifted to us by Holly and Kenny.


And then I ate his head.


1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that this blog made me smile so BIG! Especially the gingerbreadman. I always eat the head first on the peeps, it takes them out of there misery and they won't feel a thing from then on. Crazy, I know! As for your thirties, trust me dear friend, ENJOY every single day. GOD truly blesses us on a minute by minute basis. WE are greatly RICH! Love you and so blessed to be YOUR friend!! Joyce :-)

    ReplyDelete