Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Remembered it this time

I remembered to get the camera cord when I repacked my bags for the hospital, so here are some shots that I've gotten to document Emma's stay at the hospital.



 Hugging on Bun, fast asleep with her mask on





Determined to feel better, Emma slept with a little balled-up fist and dreamt of fighting RSV 
 



Does this look like a sick child to you?




Aside from the obvious RSV, this has been Emma's nemesis - the oxygen saturation lead.  She has acted as though her hand is paralyzed and won't move it at all when the lead is wrapped around her finger.




Emma wasn't going to let a little hospital stay prevent her from doing something new.  She snatched the toothbrush out of my hand and started brushing her own teeth.  I obviously had to finish the job, but we were shocked she was willing to try it on her own, considering that tooth-brushing is on her least-favorite-things list.
 


Emma had a pretty decent day.  Lots of coughing and choking, but a little bit better than Monday.  Our night nurse just came in and told us that she sounds very "junky," which means the gross stuff will sit in her throat all night and result in a very difficult morning for us.  Our most immediate prayer is that tomorrow morning will go smoothly.  Whatever happens in the morning typically dictates how the rest of the day will go.  I will try to post tomorrow night, but I might be asleep by 5 pm.  I apologize in advance if I can't get it together; rest is at a premium these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment