Sunday, July 31, 2011

Save it for Halloween

Several things over Emma's life could be classified as scary - her open incision, all those weeks in the hospital, the constant choking and throwing up...all very scary.  Now it's taken on a new meaning.  One of her favorite things to do now is to scare us.  She yells at us like a monster and we fake being scared.  She gives us varying degrees of laughter in response to our "fear," depending on her mood and energy level.  Tonight was a pretty standard giggle.  I wish I could get a video of her good gut chuckles again.  Here's what I'm talking about - tonight I pretended to read the paper and hide behind it while she yelled at me to scare me.


As I edited this video, Emma heard it and came crawling over.  She laughed at the computer and then started making the scary noises again.  Hilarious.

I also realized that I haven't posted links to last year's posts.  I'll catch up!

July 11, 2010

July 12, 2010

July 17, 2010

July 27, 2010

July 31, 2010

My heart is just exploding with joy right now.  I don't know if I can express it in words.  The joy and love I have for this little girl is so immense, and coupled with an equal amount of praise and gratitude to God for blessing my life with her....well, my heart just feels like it can't hold all that emotion!  My happy, joyful, grateful heart is completely full, crowding my body, crowding my lungs.  I feel like I need to laugh, cry, hug, and snuggle for hours, just to get some emotion out of my body so I can breathe again.  I'm swimming in love for my little girl, love that's all the way over my head....and then I have to go back to work tomorrow morning after a 3-day weekend with my precious one.  But I know that there will be a huge smile and outstretched arms awaiting me when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. Priceless :-)
    Love me some Emma!!! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has come such along way in a year. So lovely to see her interacting with you.

    ReplyDelete