Saturday, July 23, 2011

Back in the saddle

I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck.  Mack?  Mac?  I don't know.  Whatever.

I don't remember the last time I went on vacation and didn't feel like I needed a vacation after my vacation.  Taking Emma to the beach was so incredibly fun...and so incredibly exhausting.

It turns out that Emma enjoys the ocean, but doesn't enjoy the sand.  Or being on the ground, even on a towel.  Or sitting under a tent on the ground.  Or sitting in her Bumbo.  Or sitting in her own little camping chair.  No, the only thing that will do at the beach is either being in someone's lap or in her stroller.  Even better, having the closest standing person hold all 25 pounds of her.  Maybe next year she'll feel more adventurous.  Walking her in her stroller or holding her in your lap or sitting in the water with her is not all that bad until the heat index gets up to around 105.  But seeing that beautiful blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl basking in the sun, getting a tan on her chubby olive-colored legs, loving on our family, and enjoying her naps on the beach was worth every trip dragging her stroller through that torturous hot sand.  Our nephew Mason could not have been any sweeter to her.  What a little angel he was.  All week long I tried to get him to change Emma's diaper, but he just kept telling me that pirates don't change diapers.  (Apparently, that's a children's book.)  I pray that he will be that sweet to the little sister he'll be getting in December, but his mama isn't so sure.  Ok, enough with the chitter chatter - here are photos of our delightfully fabulous week.

The set-up



Sweet Mason


Loving on Mama Jane











Ahhhh, beach naps





Beach tigers


Mason and Uncle Russ, neither of whom owns a John Deere.  Actually, I think Mason owns an assortment of John Deere paraphernalia


Another delightful nap


Oh, how she loves Daddy...and the pool


Hmmm...wonder how I could get up there...








Mason and Emma were in charge of breakfast


Oh, hi!





Mason the Pirate and Lindsey the Piratess


Russell cackling at the train car that has derailed under him and Emma.  Don't worry, no one was injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment