Blog Archive

Thursday, April 22, 2010

What an improvement!

I know I said I might not blog for a few days, but I definitely have to share this with you because it's proof that God is listening to and answering our prayers. When we uncovered Emma's dressing this afternoon, we were looking at the biggest one-day improvement since the wound first began being dressed and medicated. My mom, Dawn, and I were simply amazed. The white spot that could possibly be the site of leaking spinal fluid is almost completely covered with granulating skin, and this skin granulation has spread to a much wider area of the wound. The corners that had split open are visibly closing back more and more every day. I'm trying really hard not to be surprised...because these are things we're asking our God for. Why should I be surprised?? Also, He is looking out for our baby's comfort, which is something else we ask for on a daily basis since we have so few options to change her position and make her comfortable. We've successfully fought off diaper rash twice in the last few days, with very little effort compared to what we dealt with a few weeks ago. He's a faithful God in the big things AND the little things.

I've also blogged that Emma has been awake for record time every day, especially yesterday. All that changed today! In the last 25 hours, she's only been awake for about 4 of them. I really hope that she doesn't give our night nurse fits. She's done so well with keeping her days and nights straight...let's keep it that way! However, once she has surgery on Tuesday and goes under anesthesia and pain meds, her internal clock will start all over again.

Dawn and another one of Emma's primary nurses went to the trouble to look at 5 of our favorite nurses' schedules to make sure that Emma will be covered by one of them at all times. They came up with one 3-day hole, but other than that, we're basically covered for over a week! What a relief and how sweet of those 2 nurses to personally make sure Emma is taken care of. The nurses we have come to love really treat her like she's their very own.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the update. I am so glad that God is answering your (and our) prayers! Sure are thinking of you all. Sending you love and prayers, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great to know that Emma's wound is beginning to heal rapidly. Our God is such a great and awesome God. I pray that Emma's wound continues to heal and it sounds like Dawn is an awesome nurse! If you have time pick up a stellar star award nomination form located throughout the hospital. Way to go Emma, continue to get well! ;)
    With Love, Prayers and faith, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you shared all of this! This is all wonderful news. God is so good and I am glad you are seeing His work and that everyone's prayers are being answered. Give sweet Emma a squeeze from me.
    Lesli Porter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God does answer prayer! So glad to hear good news and improvements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all such good news! I am so glad you are seeing positive improvement. I know from going to wound care with my Dad, that it can take time. God is answering all the prayers being said for all of you and He loves ya'll! Holly

    ReplyDelete