Saturday, March 29, 2014

What we do

Reese and I were discharged from the hospital last Sunday, March 23, and we have pretty much been doing the same thing every day and every night.  Throw in some appointments and errands to run, but still basically the same thing every day...and we couldn't be more grateful. We feed Reese on a schedule, and she even wakes up to that schedule at only 10 days old.  And at nighttime, she goes right back to sleep.  Glorious, I tell you.

So here's what we do:

Sleep, in varying positions, in varying places, but usually in the pack 'n play:







Stare:





Swing:


Snuggle:



This is my dad's football-playing, man-handling hand:




Eat, sometimes loudly (but still turn up your volume):


I love this little girl so much.

Tonight, Emma kissed Reese for the first time.  It was awesome, and I thought my heart would explode.  The only thing that doesn't make me infinitely happy right now is the fact that I can't pick up Emma yet.  She often says, "Mommy, I want to hold you," which in Emma-speak means she wants ME to hold HER.  And I can't.  But we did take a nap together the other day, and her snuggles and hugs reminded me that she will always want me to hold her, no matter how much I hold Reese.

No comments:

Post a Comment