Tuesday, March 18, 2014

REY

So it's been over a month since I've blogged, and that means we've been busy...therefore, a lot has been missing from the blog - preparing for the baby (we have a name! - see blog post title and see paragraph below), getting Emma adjusted to her new school and new schedule, and celebrating Emma's birthday plus what feels like 20 other kids' birthdays.

To start with, the name we have chosen for our baby girl is Reese Elizabeth Young, and we will call her Reese.  She will have the same initials as Russell (Russell Edward Young), and although my middle name is Beth and not Elizabeth, she will still have a little piece of my name, too.

The kindest two ladies from our church came over a couple weeks ago to be my personal assistants, and I couldn't be more grateful.  They washed and washed and ironed and ironed and ironed.  They mopped our kitchen floor.  They put away baby clothes.  They filled in the dates on Reese's baby calendar.  They even left dinner for us.  All you tired mama's out there will probably agree with me that someone else doing these things for me while I was at work is better than 8 hours at the spa.

Reese's nursery and all her necessities are ready, should she decide to come early.  As of today, March 18, I have ten days until D-Day (Delivery Day).  Two weeks ago, my doctor "checked" me (if you don't know what this means, don't think too hard about it and just go with it), and she said I will probably go all the way to D-Day.  Of course, she said it in her teeny, tiny, adorable, bubbly little voice that made it really hard for me to say what I wanted to say: "CHECK AGAIN!" in a large, loud, angry, exasperated, impatient voice.  Last week, my blood pressure and measurements were all fine.  I go back tomorrow, and I am certain that my blood pressure will still be fine, even though my feet and ankles are threatening to swallow my toes.  I said goodbye to my wedding rings weeks ago (sniff, sniff), and my feet are too fat to wear flip-flops.  So just exactly what are you supposed to wear if your feet are too fat for even flip-flops?

I'll take and post some pictures of Reese's nursery soon, but right now I have my feet elevated on pillows, and I'm only getting up for 2 reasons: (1) to read to Emma before bedtime (one of her new favorite pastimes) or (2) to pee (Reese plays the drums on my bladder like she's in a high school drumline).

Ok, that's enough for one blog post.  Next up, Emma's new school and her birthday celebrations!  And pictures this time, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment