Thursday, February 13, 2014

Baby time...so soon??

With everything that has been going on with Emma and her surgery, our new little one has taken a little bit of a back seat.  I think.  I say, "I think," because I don't know what average nesting is.  The Type A personality in me wants to start the nursery on one day and work all day, each and every subsequent day until it's finished.  I don't like dragging it out, doing it a little at a time.  However, my time, the actual presence of nursery furniture and goods in our house, Russell's time, and my body's stamina are all major limiting factors here.  So I have resigned myself to doing things a little at a time.  I'm not getting stressed about the amount of time left to get ready for Baby #2 (6 weeks, by the way); rather, I'm getting stressed that my house isn't in order, when it actually conceivably COULD be.  This is when a personal assistant would come in very handy.  Leave a to-do list while I go to work and come home to a cleaned-out closet, hung curtains, washed baby clothes.

So far, one of the biggest blessings of having this baby is not having to purchase more toys, more clothes, more "baby stuff."  Having a second girl has been so stress-relieving.  I know that sounds silly, but every little thing that destresses me is actually a huge thing.

The c-section date for the baby is March 28, and I have no idea if I'm going to make it that far.  March 28 is only 5 days before my due date.  I have never gone into natural labor before, so what do I really know?  But I'm more swollen than the first time around, I'm having Braxton-Hicks contractions on the daily, and I'm just generally more miserable than I was with Emma.  Much more miserable.  However, my blood pressure is great, and I'm measuring on target.  Nothing to be concerned about from a clinical perspective, but from a day-to-day life perspective...let's just say that Russell knows to be extra sweet.

And finally, to answer everyone's favorite question, no, we do not have a name yet.

2 comments:

  1. Mary Beth, my birthday is March 18th. I'm just sayin'..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Beth, my birthday is March 18th. I'm just sayin'..........

    ReplyDelete