Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Are we done yet?

This is generally a question asked by someone undergoing construction.  I, however, am not referring to construction.  I am referring to the plagues that have struck our family.  Mom and I both have experienced some excruciating pain in our lower backs.  And, starting with Emma, then Russell, then Mom and I - a cold.  A vicious one.  With a sore throat so bad you have to take a deep breath before every swallow just to endure it.

So here I am at home with Emma.  She's bored and coughing up some gross stuff.  I'm hurting, and I may drink coffee all day to soothe my throat (better switch to decaf at some point).  But we're together...and that's better than most days I have to work, to be honest with you.

Here are the most recent construction developments...

Day 7:



Day 8: a sign and lumber



Our beautiful amaryllis out front.  I'm so grateful to the former owners for planting perennials.  It really takes a lot of pressure off of me.



And now a bored Emma would like to blog:

90d;;c8ivrkxzclmcr[iull ols olru u      u                       u

Ok, it's time for us to tend to Lola, barking at the builders.  I'm not sure she'll survive this construction without giving herself a heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment