Monday, March 18, 2013

One of our favorite parks

I have a few favorite parks in Greenville.  True to my sometimes exaggerated personality, I realize that that statement is an oxymoron - you cannot have several favorites.  But I do, for different reasons.  I'll just focus on this one: Century Park in Greer.  It has all kinds of apparatuses (for all my grammar-Nazi friends, yes, this is the correct plural form of apparatus - weird, huh?)  for individuals with disabilities.  Cha-ching.

This thing here is one end of a big seesaw - I wish I had gotten a picture of the whole thing.






My mom was able to join us - hence, the floating head on the left.  You will also see a succession of pictures that all pretty much look the same, but please notice how the farther Emma goes through the mulch-covered tunnel, the more flexed her hands become in an effort to remain clean.  She loved this tunnel SO. MUCH, enough that she wanted to keep going through it in spite of the dirt.  Trying to get her in and out of that tunnel made us all feel so old and decrepit.  Oh, and her tongue inches farther and farther out of her mouth, too - no idea what that's about.






2 comments:

  1. The tongue out of her mouth is for concentration, very developmentally appropriate. So cute and such fun memories. Sure missed that warm sunny weather today! Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Tongue out of mouth must be for concentration. :)

    ReplyDelete