Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Part I

So I have a rather large amount of laundry waiting to be folded, but I'm on a major time crunch here...it's almost time for Emma to wake up.  You moms know what I'm talking about.  Those precious few moments at the end of a nap when you're keenly aware of every tiny noise you (or your house, in our case) make that could ruin the bliss of some quiet time to do laundry or blog without being interrupted by a sweet little voice saying dastardly things like, "Oh, no.  It boke [broke]."

Christmas for us this year can mostly be explained in a few words and lots of pictures.  Our house exploded into pink Minnie Mouse, purple Doc McStuffins, and all types of flesh-colored baby doll (some looking quite spray tanned actually) paraphernalia.  Santa was treated to cookies, and his reindeer were treated to reindeer chow (courtesy of Sally and Rose Middleton):



And in the morning, Santa had left Emma an iPad table which converts into a flat activity table with adjustable-height legs.  This way Emma can play on the floor or in her wheelchair.  Two baby dolls and a doll table and chairs also made their way down the chimney.  These are only two of the ten total baby dolls Emma received for Christmas.  Yep, TEN.






Here's Emma right in the middle of her Doc McStuffins dance:





And now for some general Christmas festivities!

Sweet Anndie:







Mason found himself a sweet buddy in our cousin Daniel (sorry the camera work is so bad - trying to inconspicuously catch a VERY active 5-year-old doesn't leave me much time to improvise on the lighting and focusing):



These 3 are the last of 8 boys born in a row in the Young family...and then along came Emma and Anndie.


I didn't get a picture of it, but Anndie and Emma gave Papa (the man with 2 sons, 5 grandsons, and 1 great-grandson) a (functioning) pink Barbie fishing rod, with a reel and everything.  See, Papa has all this land and a pond with fish and there used to be some animals....I feel like every once in a while Russell mentions something about Papa's house that I didn't know about.  I think you can say it used to be a farm maybe??  Anyway, you can definitely still fish at his pond, which is where Russell taught me to fish.  Papa said he taught me wrong....like I know the difference...but I digress.  I told Papa he had to keep the pink fishing pole at his house until Anndie and Emma were old enough to teach.  He chuckled pretty big when he opened it and then tried to pass it off to one of the boys and his girlfriend Christeen.  I guess even great-grandpa's still believe in cooties!

Continuing on to more family....

Ollie, Mason, Anndie, and Emma (it's obviously the best we could do):


Ollie, our budding pianist:



That's about it for our own personal Christmas, but there's still a Christmas Part II coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment