Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The big one

The big ONE.  For Elsie, our precious Goddaughter.




What first birthday is complete without a hysterically crying baby?




Oh sure, here's some cake, Tess.





Her first baby doll.  Little girls are AWESOME.





The doll clothes have to come off immediately, especially the hat.  Yep, just your average little girl here.







Ta-da!  Look at me!  Spirit hands!




Come on girls, just give us one good shot.

Elsie: Emma, what interesting boots you have on.
Emma:  Thanks, but I think they're trying to burn holes in our retinas with this incessant picture-taking.  Just don't look directly at the camera.

 
 
Elsie: No, I don't see anything in your eye....
Emma: Shhh.  I'm faking.  Maybe they'll give up.




Elsie: I'm bored.  Are we done yet?  I'm taking your advice and not looking at the camera.  But wouldn't it be faster to just take one good picture and be done?
Emma: Elsie, I told you, DON'T LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE CAMERA!  As someone older, wiser, and able to talk with my hands, just trust me.




Emma:  See, they're about to give up.  I can taste the freedom.  Look how close I am to sliding off the couch...
Elsie:  Does freedom taste like that cupcake?  If it does - peace.  I'm out.  I wonder if Tess left me any under the table....



1 comment: