Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's not what you think

My last post was about how Emma was almost two.  Logically, you would think the next post would be about Emma's 3 birthday cakes and cupcakes, her family dinner/party, her birthday lunch, and all the pictures documenting this milestone.

Wrong.

I haven't had the time or energy yet to devote to the birthday post.  But in the meantime, here are some Emma-isms that are unique and precious to our 2-year-old baby girl.
  • Russell and I were talking about a couple whose last name is Green.  Emma chimed in by saying, "Bean!  Bean beans!", referring to one of her favorite foods.
  • Every morning on the way to my parents' house, Emma repeats a billion times, "Na-un, na-un, na-un."  Good old Southern girl pronounces Nan (my mom) with two syllables. 
  • Lola (our dog) has been replaced as the favorite dog.  Now it's "Maaa-eee," my parents' little 3-pound, 9-year-old tiny toy poodle.  It's pronounced like Maggie with two syllables but without the g's.  Emma needs to know where Maaa-eee is at all times, and she usually needs to boss her around.  "Maaa-eee DOWN!"
  • Emma enjoys reading magazines and newspapers.  Children's books don't last very long with her.

  • She loves her crayons and never uses them in a coloring book.
  • The absolute best form of entertainment is a box of "shishoos."  Tissues, that is.  Unfortunately, Emma is getting much faster at pulling them out, which leaves me less time to do whatever it is I needed to do while she destroyed the box of shishoos. 
  • Emma loves "Mo."  Elmo, to the rest of us.  This particular Elmo sings the Hokey Pokey while putting his arm and leg in and out and spinning around.  Emma puts her arms in every time, one parallel to the floor and one up in the air diagonally.  For anyone with a ballet background, they are classic third arabesque arms; every time I see her do it, I have flashbacks of the years and years of placing my own arms in that position...just not set to a mechanized Elmo Hokey Pokey soundtrack. 

PS - I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures; they were all taken with my phone.  The birthday pictures are much better, whenever I can get myself together to put them up.

1 comment:

  1. This was the sweetest post! SHe is such a lovebug! Everything she does is sweet, at least what I see! :) I loved getting to hold her on Sunday! Made the 90th celebration extra special!!!! Love Holly

    ReplyDelete