Sunday, March 11, 2012

Can you believe it?

Emma is almost two years old!  When people say that time flies, or it seems like just yesterday she was fill-in-the-blank-with-a-memory, and all those other things you're supposed to say as children get older, I don't always agree with them.  In some ways, it feels like an eternity since Emma was born, and I can absolutely believe that she's turning two.  It feels like an eternity since we've fed her baby food or a bottle.  It really wasn't all that long ago.  She's only been wearing her bipap mask for a year.  That's it?  A year?!  Believe me, I'm not wishing for her to grow up.  I'm wishing for her to reach age three and stay there.  We've already started doling out the discipline, and it doesn't bother me too much.  Our little girl is very sweet by nature, though.  She's a great eater, and she's a great sleeper.  Those things probably aid in my appreciation of this age.

Since Emma's first year of life was so tumultuous, when she turned one, I vowed to list a link on these blog posts for each day of the first year of Emma's life that I blogged.  I haven't been so great with that lately.  Looking back, those first blog posts of her entrance into this world don't make me say, "Wow!  That seems like just yesterday we were watching her incision open up and ooze gross infection stuff!  It wasn't that long ago she was on a ventilator for a week!"  Instead, they make me say, "How did Emma ever survive all of that?  How did we make it day to day?"  Of course, I know the answer: God helped us put one foot in front of the other each day, with the earthly angels He sent to guide us and support us through each day.  So in the interest of finishing what I started, here are the blog entries from February and March 2011 that I have neglected to post.  Soon, that first year and second year of Emma's life will be behind us.  I won't say that there will be no looking back, but there's a lot more looking forward to do...and if I've learned anything, it's that looking forward still doesn't compare to looking around - looking around at what I'm surrounded by right this minute, today.  And here's Emma, right this very minute, playing with her glasses that she finally (usually) keeps on her face and drinking the water that doctors and therapists told us she'd never be able to drink.



I absolutely don't think that you will sit there and read every post word-for-word, but if you have some time to play around, look through these old posts.  There are some great pictures, and a lot was going on in Emma's life at this point in time.  I do love looking back.

January 27, 2011

January 30, 2011

January 31, 2011

February 4, 2011

February 6, 2011

February 10, 2011

February 13, 2011

February 15, 2011

February 23, 2011

February 26, 2011

February 27, 2011  - videos on this one!

February 28, 2011

March 2, 2011

March 9, 2011

March 10, 2011

1 comment:

  1. I went back and read some of the posts and looked at the pictures. All I have to say is that Emma is a very special and a very amazing little girl. SHe has been through so much and her smile still keeps shining! I dearly love my sweet "lovebug"!!!! Holly

    ReplyDelete