Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Something tells me she won't be a doctor

So the other day I was very sneezy and blowing my nose a lot in the morning, as I am and do every morning. I was doing all this in front of Emma, who was sitting in her Bumbo seat. She thought it was so hilarious that she almost choked herself laughing so hard. I started faking the sneezes and blowing my nose, and this is how Emma responded to someone suffering from allergies (or something resembling allergies):



Back to this allergies thing - I've never in my life had seasonal allergies or been allergic to anything else. But for the first half of each and every day, I waste a ridiculous amount of time sneezing and blowing my nose. The only explanation I can come up with is that a baby changes everything.  The allergy thing was finally verified by a bookkeeper today - she also began having allergy problems after children.  Oh, the things we do for our kids...

A quick update on some things that people still ask me about from time to time - Emma's incision has totally healed.  She has a pretty large scar on her back, and most people tell me it looks better than they thought it would.  I think they're just being nice when they say that because I personally think the scar is pretty big, but I appreciate people being nice.  Emma's diaper rash is gone now, thank the LORD.  We had some very bad days with a raw hiney.  Her shunt is functioning normally, and people tell me she's got a lot of hair for a baby, so you don't really see the valve on her head at all.

Emma's sweet Aunt Ally sent her some Christmas longjohns, and here's her first appearance in them:



Merry Christmas, and may God bless you this season.  Just don't forget His original Christmas blessing all those years ago...

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny that Emma laughs when you fake sneeze. Landen does the exact same thing. He thinks it is hilarious. I'll have to post Landen laughing at Ron when he does it. I think it's neat how similar Emma and Landen are in their likes and dislikes.
    So funny!
    Have fun in NYC.
    Tash Black

    ReplyDelete