Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's here!

The day we've been anticipating for a very long time - Emma's first tooth came in yesterday (Wednesday). While Emma was pitching a fit on Tuesday, for obvious reasons, I could see the ridge of one of her bottom middle teeth. I couldn't feel it, but I could see it. Overnight on Wednesday it popped out! So now Emma keeps running her tongue over it - hilarious. All this teething talk makes my gums hurt because I'm vividly remembering what it felt like to get my braces on and how sore my gums were every time the orthodontist tightened them.

Emma is still loving her applesauce, and she starts on carrots on Monday during speech therapy. She has combined physical therapy and occupational therapy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and that has been going well. She's now going to a smaller facility that is just WONDERFUL. I think the only downfall is that they work Emma to death. They love on her a lot, but if/when she starts crying, they still keep pushing on with the therapy. After they figure out that she's not going to stop crying, they'll stop the therapy, but I'm wondering when they will realize that Emma either cries and doesn't stop or doesn't cry at all. Once she gets started, just throw your plans out the window.

Emma is now a bobblehead by choice. In the last couple of weeks, she has discovered that she can swing her head back and forth, and she enjoys this fun, new motion. For some reason, she was really enjoying doing it after being tickled.



That's it for now - not a lot of quantity, but really good quality - FIRST TOOTH! YAY!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 6 month bday Emma! Congrats on your first tooth! xoxox aunt abbey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mb, She is changing so quickly and developing so much personality. what a blessing she is! I hope to see her before she graduates from High School!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to SEE this "toother", not FEEL it :-) Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the precioius video. Are you sure she isn't shaking her head to say "no" to see is she can get you to stop tickling her?!? Jennie

    ReplyDelete