Thursday, December 19, 2013

A. T. L.

Long before Emma's surgery was planned, Russell and I decided we would take her to see Disney Junior Live, which features one of her favorite characters, Sofia the First.  There's also a Jake and the Neverland Pirates spot, but Emma is barely interested in that show.  The show is technically called Disney Junior Live, but she calls it Disney Junior Live On Stage because she heard it advertised that way one time.  So we were constantly corrected by her whenever we just called it Disney Junior Live.  The show's coming to Greenville sometime really close to my due date, and I'm not sure I could tolerate all those little people combined with the little person in my stomach.

The best alternative?  A big trip to Atlanta to see it there.  Plus, a visit to the Georgia Aquarium and a stay in an Embassy Suites.  It was fantastic.  I didn't get a lot of pictures of Emma because she was moving a lot, and we're typically pushing the wheelchair behind her.  However, just trust me that she loved every minute of it.  Before we get to pictures, the hotel was a difficult thing to explain to Emma - she liked it a lot, but I don't think she fully grasped the concept.  Pause for a sad, pitiful moment: when we got off the elevator and walked down the hall through the atrium, she said, "Are we going to a doctor's appointment?"  Broke.  My heart.

Since Embassy Suites rooms are just that (suites), she thought it was cool that there was a den, a "kitchen" (really, a small bar sink, a mini fridge, and a microwave), AND a bedroom.  Here she is waking up the next morning talking about the room and Disney Junior Live.  Turn your volume up because it's hard to hear her - she speaks very quietly, like a dainty little sweetheart :)




So here we are at the aquarium.  They have tunnels going under a lot of the exhibits, and Emma thought this was so cool.  She cruised under them in her wheelchair with both me and Russell once and all the other times just with Russell.  Hello, someone had to take the pictures, right?  And I may have played the pregnancy card, which I actually don't feel bad about.  Baby girl is getting big!
















I couldn't get very many pictures of Disney Junior Live, mainly because it's a show in a dark auditorium, but here are just a few:







Like a sucker, I got Emma a cute little Sofia cup which came with a sno-cone in it...she had no interest in the sno-cone, so you can see Russell taking care of it in the background.  Obviously, Russell isn't the focus of this excited picture of Emma, but I felt the need to explain.



And lastly, our sweet girl did this throughout the performance, not out of fear, but out of love and excitement.  The happier she is, the more affectionate she is, and she just wants to hug, hold, and snuggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment