Saturday, November 23, 2013

The results are in

Although everyone that's ever known us, with the exception of about 5 people (and 2 of those 5 are under the age of 3), thought that we were having a boy this time around, they were ALL WRONG.  Baby Young #2 is a GIRL!

Some pictures from our low-key reveal (no Pinterest nonsense here, folks):








Goofballs, both of them: 


Side note: Mason, our nephew in the picture above, is absolutely the sweetest boy I have ever met in my life.  He's a rough and tumble sports-loving little tough man, and he has the biggest and sweetest heart imaginable.  His mission in life when Emma is around is to entertain her and make her laugh and smile as long and hard as possible.  I pray that all of you reading this blog will be blessed with children as loving and accepting as he is.  Mason gives me hope that other kids will see far, far, far past Emma's wheelchair and her upcoming back brace (uuuuggggghhhhhh).

And what would life with the Youngs be without another project?  I have Larry Young's vision for how great things can be; yet, sadly, his own son doesn't.  Russell is dreading this, but I have told him that if they can just get it here, I will do the rest.  And my mom is dying to get started on it, too.



 
 
 
I know, I know, it looks like a lot of work...but case in point: I don't have any before pictures, but here are the after pictures of some antiques that were so old that one of them was stuffed with straw and were covered in some pretty hideous fabric.  They needed A LOT OF TLC.
 


 
 
I don't claim to be good at interior decorating, nor do I possess the artistic skills to create something out of nothing...but I DO have the vision.  I can't wait to see how Emma's and baby girl's playhouse will turn out.  There's not a lot Emma can do outside: the wheelchair is nearly impossible to steer through grass, dirt, sticks, and leaves.  And what 8-year-old will want their parents helping them into a swing?  This is her chance to have something really, really cool and fun outside.  The playhouse has PLENTY of room for Emma to maneuver her wheelchair around inside, turns and everything.
 
And the latest fun and cool inside toy: Emma's walker.  It finally arrived, and she wants to walk all the time.  She gets tired pretty easily, and it takes some effort to get her twister cables on, but she loves it.  Here's the first walk of the day (notice the wet hair - her bribe for getting an early bath was to get to walk.  So happy that's what she's motivated by!)

 
 
One more thing...don't forget that the URL to the blog will change VERY soon to http://oneyoungtwoyoungs.blogspot.com
 


No comments:

Post a Comment