Monday, February 4, 2013

It's not that I don't care...

...it's just that I haven't had much to blog about lately, in case you were wondering where we've been.

Emma was sick for about 11 days.  If you want my honest opinion, I think it was RSV based on the duration and the severity, but last year when she had RSV, she wound up in the hospital for a few days...and quite unnecessarily.  With the unusual epidemic of nastiness that has been going around Greenville, I wasn't about to take her to the pediatrician's office and expose her to something else and THEN risk going to the hospital when there was really nothing anyone can do about it.

Here are some highlights of Emma's life lately:


Trying to love on all her Minnie Mouse's at once:




Organizing toys (as if I didn't love this child enough, her organizational skills and drive to sort have me completely overjoyed.  I swear she did this all by herself.):






Lola feels that she is Emma's best friend and protector.  Emma has a slightly different perception of their relationship...Emma views her as more of a nuisance that she tolerates because we tell her to, but that doesn't make Lola any less sweet to Emma.  If Emma calls our names more than twice and we don't respond, Lola starts whimpering and her volume grows as Emma's volume grows.  When Emma cries or throws a temper tantrum, there's always an equally upsetting noise coming from Lola. And lastly, let's just say that it's a good thing that Lola only weighs 14 pounds.  Whenever Emma cries from her room, Lola barges past us to get through the door first.  After Emma went to sleep one night, I guess Lola missed her and settled for the next best thing: her Minnie collection:




I turn around and Emma's hair has suddenly grown 6 inches since her last haircut.  This means her pigtails have gotten really long and make her look so much older.  *Tears*


Stay tuned for the next post...I have great news about the sweet family we've been helping out since November.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely little girl you have. That beaming smile is just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete