Monday, June 25, 2012

As I start this post...

...I don't even know how many pictures and videos are going to end up on it.  Because it's taking quite a long time to upload all the busy things Emma has been up to.

Some of her cute, incorrectly pronounced words are fading into words in which consonants are in the correct syllable, pronouns and "the" precede many of her words, and possessive s's are at the ends of nouns.

Emma is learning how to be a housewife.  I will DIE if she ends up on The Real Housewives of Some-Place-Rife-With-Scandal.   She loves playing with her dolls, feeding them, putting them to bed, putting them in chairs, and checking for dirty diapers (which includes sniffing their hineys, pinching her nose, and saying, "Shoooo").  She also spends many, many hours at her play kitchen at my parents' house cooking up all sorts of things.  Man, she loves that kitchen.  Oh, and she enjoys wiping down counters and mopping with my old play mop.  See?  I'm telling you, housewife in training.

Ok, so she likes housework.  But her true passion in life is technology.  And she uses her manners when asking for it.  This little clip also shows you what she and Daddy do to unwind and snuggle in the evenings, while still giving Emma the independence of the whole couch to herself.


Emma's also doing really well with learning to walk at therapy.  Her biggest struggle is balance, but she definitely has the rhythm of walking down pat.  The next step (which is still pretty far down the road) is to get her walking in a walker like the one in this video but without anything around her waist or under her rear.  Check this out:


Ok, I'm just going to have to break up these Emma updates.  It's late (actually, it's only 9:46, but I feel like it's midnight), so there will be more little Emma tidbits coming up later this week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh MB, She is growing up! It just warms my heart to watch these videos. I love her so much!!!! Holly

    ReplyDelete