Monday, January 9, 2012

MRI Update

Just got the call - Emma's MRI is scheduled for next Friday at 1:00.  This means that she can't eat for like, 8 hours prior to that.  Does anyone want to trade mommy duty with me that day?

This means that there are 3 additional appointments associated with this MRI.  Oh, and it also means that I feel sick to my stomach.  I'm so scared of them putting that breathing tube down my sweet baby's throat and her having such a hard time breathing and swallowing for who knows how long when they take it out. 

And then there are the MRI results.  Something tells me that Dr. Troup is going to try to do Emma's Chiari decompression in the next six months.  I don't know why I feel that way...Emma's symptoms are not getting any worse, she's progressing in all sorts of ways.  But I just think that he's going to say, "It's time.  It has to be done, and now's as good a time as any."

God watched over our precious one in June for her last MRI, and I know He will be in that room with her again.  Trust, trust, trust is my mantra for the next two weeks.

Now for some pictures to cheer myself up.  Emma snuggled up with me in the bed yesterday afternoon to wind down before her nap, and she fell asleep like this:


Once she woke up from her nap, we browsed for a new dining room table.  Emma found a recliner (and it actually reclines with the footrest and everything) that's just right for her.


4 comments:

  1. that is a rather cute chair just Emma's size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - I'm getting her that chair :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Beth, Is that the 20th at !? Just want to make sure. I will be praying for all of you! I love her napping picture! Precious! She is such a love bug!!! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - the sleeping position and the chair. I have been looking for Avery her own chair.

    ReplyDelete