Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Emma's latest and greatest toy

Finally, I have a video to show you of Emma's latest, greatest, and favoritest toy!  Perhaps what makes it so totally wonderful is that my father-in-law made it with his own two hands, based simply on watching videos of two other kids who have these contraptions.

Let me make a few points about this video first.  It was shot on a home improvement day at our house...interpret that to mean that the house is a mess, you will hear a drill in the background, and you will hear my in-laws....because no home improvement day is complete with my super-helpful and sweet mother- and father-in-law.  You will also witness a slight temper tantrum that is quickly becoming a several-times-daily-occurrence in our house.  Emma LOVES the video camera because it flips open, but we don't let it her play with it....because, well, it's a video camera.  It's also a little bit nauseating because I had to keep moving things for Emma and help her over the rugs while filming at the same time.  All that to say, if you let her loose with no rugs and no obstacles, Emma LOVES her wheels.



In this next video, Emma displays her awesome new eating skills.  She still has a lot of issues that we have to deal with, but she is eating regular food better and better each day.  And she's enjoying it more and more each day.  She learned pretty quickly how to show us her empty mouth in order to get another bite.  All that banging around in the background is Russell cleaning up from dinner.  Notice that I'm still feeding Emma her dinner while he cleans up; it takes her FOREVER to eat, but we're seeing some improvement here, too!  And poor Lola gets fussed at by all three of us, including Emma.  I'm afraid Emma's first full statement will be, "No, Lola!"

4 comments:

  1. yay emma! ps - i totally love your runners. i want one for my house! xoxo abbey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! You are so blessed with your in-laws!!! Love ya'll Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, the Bumbo wheels are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh she can move with those wheels I am really impressed. it's great to see her doning so well :):)

    ReplyDelete