Friday, September 2, 2011

Do you know what I'm talking about?

I cannot cool down.  Ever.  Awake.  A.M.  P.M.  Air conditioning.  Sleeping.  I cannot cool down.  Do you know what I'm talking about?

This is sooooo not a big deal in the grand scheme of Emma's life, but I gotta be honest with you - having a child that must be held (as opposed to her walking on her own volition) makes a sweltering summer downright fiery hot.  Bless her heart, she's hot-natured, too.  She gets out of her carseat and wakes up from naps with damp hair and a sweaty neck.  But it's so darn cute because then her ringlets REALLY curl up.  It's amazing to see how long her hair is when we wash it, but when it dries, it doesn't look any longer than it was 4 months ago because those blonde curls just get tighter and tighter!

Tomorrow we're taking Emma to the Clemson game with us.  She's my excuse to not go into the game.  That's right.  I'm not going into the game.  It's too hot.  I'll be feeling those occasional, itchy sensations of the sweat running down my back enough as it is.  Gross, I know, but you know what I'm talking about.

The rule tomorrow is that whoever is holding Emma sits in front of the fan.  (My father-in-law has a generator that we use to run a fan and the tv/satellite dish; otherwise, I wouldn't subject Emma to this awful heat.)  As a result, I anticipate a more-intense-than-usual battle to hold the Doodlebug.  So if you're going to the Clemson/Troy game tomorrow and want to sit in front of a fan, watch the game on tv, and sit in the shade of a tent AND a shade tree, come visit us at Lot 10 and hold Emma!  We will have plenty of food and drinks, and of course we share.  We're from the South!  You know what I'm talking about.

I hope I get the chance to get some good pictures tomorrow.  Pause, let me go pack the camera...check.  We're bringing Nan and Granddad's Radio Flyer wagon for Emma, which she LOVES.  Some of you may remember that she thoroughly enjoyed her stroller while we were at the beach.  Well, the wagon is even better because she can hold on to the sides and twist her little head all around to take in all the sights, not just what's in front of her.

Ok, enough about the game.  Emma has had a great and mischevious week.  She is branching out in terms of what she's eating and how much adult food she's eating.  My mom had the revelation this week that we might have to start........




ORDERING EMMA HER OWN PLATE!!!!!




How exciting!  Depending on what it is she's eating, Emma (on a good day) is capable of eating a kid's plate. 

We are also getting closer and closer to moving.  The funny thing I just realized is that if you walk into the 2nd floor of our townhome, it looks like we're moving tomorrow.  The first and third floors look exactly the same as a year ago.  That's a product of us spending more time in the den and kitchen; therefore, we pack up what's around us.  I guess we'll have to start hanging out on the other two floors more in order to get packed.  Oh!  Maybe I'll cool down by hanging out on the bottom floor...it's always very cool (sometimes even chilly) down there.  I can't remember what it's like to not be hot.  I have always said that fall and winter are my favorite times of year...it's when you can snuggle up and pack on the clothes and blankets and get cozy.  Summer is the WORST - you constantly sweat.  And you can only take off so much.  I'm so hot that I swear, if anyone lays a hand on me, they will pull back a sweaty nub.  Except Russell of course.  Russell, I love you.  Please continue to love me at my sweatiest. 

Ok, time to catch up on last year's blog posts....here's what was going on with Emma this time last year.  Wow, how things have changed!

September 1, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment