Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Toddler Words

I was getting Emma all excited to go to Shriner's this morning, but it didn't quite have the effect I thought it would.  I did get the opportunity to hear another toddler word - those words that preschoolers say that aren't quiiiiite right....off by a letter or two and they end up sounding PRECIOUS.  More on that in a bit.  The effect I was hoping for was calmness, complacency, perhaps even a willingness to lie down on the exam tables and have her tests done.  Nope.

The tests don't hurt one bit, but Emma still got pretty freaked out by having to lie down on the tables.  It scared her A LOT.  I had to be the heavy and force her down, but she finally calmed down with a few Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes on my phone.  The results of Emma's tests were good - nothing to worry about :)

Here's the video I managed to catch at a stoplight on the way to Shriner's this morning.  The toddler words to be on the lookout for are:

STriner's (instead of Shriner's),

ESMuse me (instead of Excuse me); and

SCunscreen (instead of sunscreen)

No comments:

Post a Comment