Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2K Tuesday

So today was Emma's first day of school, and like any good (obnoxious) mother, I have lots of pictures.










 
I will treasure this last picture forever...this is the last thing we saw before we left: Emma, leaving us in the dust to explore her classroom.  I could get very emotional and sad about this, but that would be quite selfish of me.  How can I possibly cry about my handicapped child exploring the world on her own, without me?  I've already cried the tears of sorrow that my child will not play soccer, climb the playground ladder, or turn a cartwheel...now is the time to rejoice in her own inner joy, fearlessness, and independence and in the peace we have in knowing that God is walking right next to her.  Do you see Him?  I do.
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm just beaming like a proud Auntie Joycie :-)but through misty eyes!!!! Love me some Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this one made me cry! Sweet baby girl is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This brought tears to my eyes. Yes God is seen in that beautiful smile! What a blessing she will be to all! I love her so much! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok , serious tears here too! How wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears are wonderful! I cried for mine entering her final year of high school, and for Sweet Emma entering school! She is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful photos. You must be so proud of Emma. Have been watching the paralympics you never know what she might achieve in the future :)

    ReplyDelete