Sunday, October 23, 2011

Deja Vu

For such a long time, Emma has been making a lot of forward progress.  I had forgotten what it was like to take some steps backwards.  Unfortunately, that feeling has crept back into our lives just a tad.  We were reminded at the end of last week when she was sick - besides the normal-kid fever, excessive sleeping, crankiness, etc., Emma stopped eating regular food and really could only tolerate a bottle.  So we made all this progress with food...and then she would only take a bottle.  But, praise God, we're back to eating regular food again.  Not much of it, but some.

Emma feels great again - maybe a little sluggish still, but she is much more herself now.  She felt good enough for us to take her to the Clemson game on Saturday to tailgate.  Our friends Rob and Holly tailgated with us, and we got some great shots of Emma loving on Mr. Rob.



As Emma got used to being around Rob and Holly, she didn't want Holly to stop holding her.  It takes Emma a little while to warm up to people, but even then, she still doesn't whine for them to hold her like she did for Holly on Saturday.

Emma also got to meet Corrie - she is my mom's college roommate's daughter.  Corrie and I think we've met once, like, in the 80's or something...so I don't really know if that counts.  Sweet Corrie was SO excited to meet Emma.  How blessed am I that someone I haven't seen since I could count my age on two hands is so excited to meet my daughter?!

Speaking of counting ages, Russell turns 30 on Tuesday.  I am 9 months older than Russell, so I always have to put up with the jokes from him about how much older I am.  If anyone knows both me AND Russell, it's no surprise I'm older.  Not because I act like an old dud, but because Russell is a 9-year-old trapped in a 29-almost-30-year-old's body.

Today I helped host a baby shower for my dear friend Holly (different Holly from above).  Her baby is due on 11/11/11 - how cool is that?  She and her hubs are not finding out the sex of the baby; if we hadn't just taken on the expenses of moving and new-home renovation, I would absolutely pay for a 3-D ultrasound just for my own sake.  Holly said I could.  I think that it is a peripheral bonus for Holly that not finding out the sex of the baby is torturous for me.  Very funny, Holly.  Just remember, what goes around comes around.  Just kidding, I love you.  A whole lot.  Here are some great pics from your shower :)













Alright Baby (Girl) Sharp, the ball's in your court now.  Man, I hope it's a little girl.  Little boys freak me out a little.  Of course, if it's a boy...I couldn't think of better in-laws than the Sharps for my sweet Emma, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment